Are you looking for a creative way to upcycle your old tin cans? I found this idea on Pinterest and decided to give it a go. I made use of the items that I already have and decided to organise my stationery in these pretty looking cans. Make use of tins with a removable pull out lid if possible as they are easier to work with and you won’t need to flatten the rough edges.
This is what you will need:
Craft paint (I used black and gold)
1. Remove labels for tin cans. Read more on how to easily remove labels from containers.
2. Use tape to cover areas you would like to paint gold or any other colour.
3. Paint the tin can with your primary colour of choice, I used black as my primary colour.
4. Allow the paint to dry completely then remove the tape gently making sure not to peel off any paint.
5. Apply tape on the boundary for the black paint and paint the rest of the can with the gold paint. Allow the gold paint to dry.
6. Apply decals on one of the tin cans if you wish.
7. Store stuff in them! 🙂
Blog post graphics made using Canva, click on this link to sign up for free.