This homemade cream will help to soothe your legs and feet after a long day running errands, a gym workout session or a whole day in heels (for some of us)! It is also deodorising and has antiseptic properties to help kill bacteria and help to eliminate foot odour.
Cocoa butter is rich in anti-oxidants and prevents skin drying and peeling – this will also sort out cracked heels. Coconut oil has various benefits for your skin including moisturising and anti-oxidising properties to keep the skin smooth and supple. Peppermint oil has soothing properties and is widely used for muscle pain relief. Tea tree oil has antiseptic properties which help to soothe sores as well as anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties to get rid of/prevent bacterial or fungal infections. Lemongrass oil has a sweet ‘lemony’ scent and is a natural deodorant. It also has anti-bacterial properties to kill bacteria that causes bad odour.
1/2 cup cocoa butter*
1/2 cup coconut oil
15 drops peppermint oil
10 drops of tea tree oil
10 drops lemongrass oil
*You can also use shea butter of mango butter in place of cocoa butter
1. Measure out the cocoa/shea/mango butter and the coconut oil in a Pyrex measuring glass container
2. Place the measuring container inside a bowl with boiled water to melt the oils, stir frequently with a spoon until melted
3. Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature then add the tea tree, peppermint and lemongrass oils
4. Place in a refrigerator until the mixture is opaque
5. Whip the mixture with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy
6. Transfer the mixture into an airtight container, store in cool place to keep the mixture from melting
Rub this cream on your feet and legs after a long day or before bed, relax and enjoy the soothing effect of the cream!