I got to try this reed diffuser DIY using essential oils. I made two seasonal diffuser oil blends one for summer and the other for autumn. For the reeds I used rattan diffuser reeds from an old diffuser as well as bamboo skewers. Diffusers help to scent your home and to give that refreshing feeling when you walk into a room. This DIY is a great alternative if you don’t want to invest a lot of money in refills for your diffuser. These are the essential oil combinations I tried:
Spring Blend: lemongrass – lavender – peppermint
Autumn Blend: ylang ylang – juniper berry – lemon
Find more essential oil diffuser blends from Pinterest for different seasons and moods.
Glass bottle with narrow opening
Reed diffuser sticks or bamboo skewers
1/4 cup carrier oil (fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond oil, grapeseed oil, canola oil)
20-22 drops essential oil
1 teaspoon rubbing alcohol (optional)
1. Pour the carrier oil in the glass bottle
2. Add the essential oils, I added 7 drops of each essential oil
3. Add the rubbing alcohol to the oil mixture and mix until combined. The rubbing alcohol helps the oils to travel up the reeds and to diffuse better
4. Place the diffuser reeds in the oil mixture. If you are using bamboo skewers cut off the pointy end with a pair of scissors or sharp object
5. Flip the sticks to refresh the scent!!